How to use PDF Multitool OCR Analyzer
If you are dealing with scanned PDFs and the extracted text is incomplete or inaccurate, you can use the PDF Multitool OCR Analyzer to find the best combination of filters to improve the extractor's results. Here's a step-by-step guide on how to use the PDF Multitool:
- First, download the free version of
PDF Multitoolfrom here.
- Next, load your document into the multitool.
- Then, in the left navigation menu, select
- Choose the
OCR Resolutionand click
- Copy the recommended filters in the results.
- Select your preferred extraction method on the left navigation (e.g. Extract as CSV).
- Under Optical Character Recognition, click on the
Editbutton for the OCR Filters.
- Click on the
Addbutton and select the recommended filter(s).
- Once all recommended filters have been selected, click
Previewto check the result.
- If you're satisfied with the outcome, go to the
Profile for PDF.co and API Servertab.
- Click on
Copy as payload for PDF.co or API Server.
- Finally, paste this as a value to the
For a demo on how to use this tool, watch this video: https://youtu.be/NSyyohNNe6E
Check out this page for more information on how to use the PDF Multitool https://bytescout.com/products/pdfmultitool/index.html